Hi there! I'm an author, reviewer, blogger, professional Tarot reader, teacher, former radio host and deck co-creator. My first book The Back in Time Tarot Book: Picture the Past, Experience the Cards, Understand the Present (Hampton Roads Publishing) is about an exciting technique I've created called the BIT Tarot Method. Click here to find out more. My second traditionally-published book, Tarot in Reverse, covers those tricky upside down cards of Tarot. Click here to discover more. My 3rd book, Naked Tarot: Sassy, Stripped-Down Advice and will be published by Dodona Books in September 2018. 365 Tarot: Daily Insights is forthcoming from Dodona Books. I'm also an oracle creator (check out the Boyer Charming Oracle here) and deck
co-creator with my artist husband, Ron, (Snowland Deck and Coffee Tarot).
As an Amazon.com Hall of Fame Reviewer (there's only 138 of us!), I've written comprehensive book reviews from a variety of genres, as well as Tarot and oracle decks (accompanied by large, full-color card images), audio workshops, DVDs, novels, books for kids, music, divination tools and more. You can find them by clicking on the Reviews link. Galley Cat listed me among the best reviewers on Twitter.
My reviews and articles have appeared in Sedona Journal of Emergence, Mystic Pop Magazine, Witches&Pagans, Kajama Digest, PlanetLightworker, Ancient American Magazine, Edge News, Children of the New Earth, The Magician (official magazine of the Australian Tarot Guild), American Tarot Association's (ATA) Quarterly Journal, ATA's eZine Tarot Reflections, Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI) eZine, Tarot World Magazine, Timeless Spirit, Coffee Magazine, Kaleidoscope eZine and more.
Astrologically, I´m a Scorpio Sun (stellium 7th and 8th Houses), Aries Rising,and Aquarius Moon (11th House). In Chinese Astrology, I'm a Metal Dog. Personality wise, I'm an ENXP in the Myers-Briggs/Keirsey system (X means Thinking and Feeling are equal) and a Type 7w8 SP/SX/SO according to the Enneagram (possibly 8w7). In the ANSIR model, I'm a Philosopher Boss, but have strong Evokateur, Healer and Visionary tendencies in the Work realm, as well as strong Visionary Thinking and Philosopher Emoting. I am a Working profile--not Emoting.
In Numerology, my Life Path number is (not surprisingly!) 7, which makes my Tarot birth cards The Chariot/Tower. In the elemental system, I'm Choleric/Sanguine (Red/Yellow in Color Code terminology). In the StrengthsFinder 2.0 system, my top five strengths are Input, Strategic, Ideation, Maximizer and Learner. In the StandOut Strengths Assessment, I'm an Influencer/Equalizer. My interests include the band Rush, Mystery/mysteries, literary fiction, writing craft and, of course, reading. I enjoy good movies, especially thrillers. Poetry wise, I adore e.e.cummings. (insert genuflect).
I make my home in Pennsylvania with my husband Ron (a fellow Scorpio Sun/Aquarius Moon, but with Cancer Rising), and our 19 year old son (Libra Sun, Gemini Rising, Sagittarius Moon)--whom I homeschooled (unschool) his entire life.
Some Janet Trivia
- Recently finished my 3rd traditionally published book (Naked Tarot, Dodona Books 2018) and am under contract for 365 Tarot: Symbols, Spreads, Look-a-Likes and Insights.
- Made it into Round 3 of Charlie Sheen's #tigerbloodintern search (among 250, narrowed down from tens of thousands)...just to see if I could do it!
- With Ron at the painting helm, we began work on the Snowland Deck in January 2011 and finished in 2012.
- Ron and I created another deck, the Coffee Tarot.The FULL version is now available!
- Hasn't had/watched TV programming for over a decade..
- Dubbed the "Queen of Tarot" by bestselling metaphysical author Monte Farber.
- Turned 47 on November 6, 2017.
- Celebrated 20th wedding anniversary on August 7, 2017.
- Loves Christmas! And books! And coffee! And chocolate!
- Loves Rush! And hard rock and heavy metal! And Iron Maiden! And Bruce Dickinson!
- Thinks texting while driving should be a crime.
- Hates country music and thinks that should be a crime. (Joking!)
- Loves Baroque music, especially Bach and Vivaldi (and any piece with a harpsichord!)
- Has never been west of Chicago or east of Philly.
- In the summer, keeps her bedroom air conditioner at 63 F (Ron sometimes wears a sweatshirt and toboggan to bed!)
- 3-time spelling bee champ in Junior High School, making it to the state level of the Scripps Howard Spelling Bee
- Thinks dred locks look ridiculous, especially on Caucasians
- Abhors smoking (thinks it should be banned in all public places)
- Has a library painted bright orange and raspberry (Thanks, hubby!)
- Is a spender, not a saver
- Was voted "Most Talkative" in the Senior superlatives in High School (almost got "Class Clown", too)
- Married a guy who was voted "Most Shy" at his High School (no lie)
- Considers Pepsi, ginger ale and coffee "Elixirs of the Gods" (But tries to limit intake nevertheless. Well, except for the coffee...)
- Loves thriller movies (Joyride is her favorite!)
- Survivor of a run-in with a school bus at age 12. (The front tire ran over and sat on her right foot. Wearing sneakers bought the night before, the pressure blew out the side of the shoe. Yes, she could have been killed and, fortunately, she learned to walk again.)
- All-star firstbaseman in softball (circa bus injury)
- Was a member of the National Honor Society, Spanish Club, Nuclear Physics Club, and Who's Who Among American High School Students. Graduated in Top 10 to High School class.
- Assessed as Genius on a Psychologist-rendered IQ test (145? Somewhere in the 140s... As you can see, don't really care.)
- Possesses the archetypal patterns of Teacher, Communicator, Hermit, Queen, Hedonist, Bohemian, Creator, Magical Child, Judge, Rebel and Sage
- Self-taught sound engineer who ran live sound for first husband (a professional trumpet player) and mixed his first demo recording
- Was widowed at 25 (First husband of 7 years passed from leukemia)
- Collects snowpeople, sun/moon/stars paraphernalia, bluejays (not live ones!) and Nancy Drew books
- Has more books than shelving space (but that is being solved thanks to hubby's carpentry prowess)
- Has two cats, Neo and Stewart (named by my husband. If I had my way, they would have been called Onyx and Butterscotch! But alas, the names he chose do, indeed, fit.) RIP Neo who passed Christmas Eve 2012. We now have a new baby--another black cat we adopted as a kitten--and named him Qubie.
- AB+ blood type, supposedly rare
- Resides in a world of symbols (husband asserts)
- Failed drivers license exam the first time (wonder if running up over the curb had anything to do with that...)
- Abhors country music. And blues. And soul or hip hop ('cept for Eminem)
- Rebellious (but you probably knew that already)
- Enjoys rainy days and thunderstorms
- No known allergies (but suffers from chronic non-allergic rhinitis. Waaah!)
- Weakness for chocolate, books and bath products
If you want to know anything beyond this, you'll just have to email me and ask! :o)
If a writer is so cautious that he never writes anything that cannot be criticized, he will never be able to write anything that can be read. If you want to help other people, you have got to make up your mind to write things that some men will condemn. – Thomas Merton (Trappist monk, author, and social critic)