“The only thing that ultimately matters is this: Can I sense my essential Beingness, the I Am, in the background of my life at all times?” – Eckhart Tolle
When Oprah Winfrey chose Eckhart Tolle’s A New Earth as one of her book club selections, thousands chose to read his book in order to quench their spiritual thirst, answer questions about suffering, end conflict and discover their True Essence—awakening to their life’s purpose. Now, as a reminder of the timeless truths found in Tolle’s teachings, A New Earth Inspiration Cards provides brief, carefully chosen passages for contemplation, encouragement, and illumination. A New Earth Inspiration Cards includes four different card backing designs—all featuring our blue planet—as well as four different border colors framing sage insights from Tolle’s book of the same name. This 52-card deck is packaged attractively in New World Library’s unique magnetic box, with the lid doubling as a pop-up frame—which means you can insert and display your favorite card for meditation or affirmation for ongoing edification.
• “Listen to people’s stories, and you’ll find that they could all be entitled ‘Why I Cannot Be at Peace Now’. The ego doesn’t know that your only opportunity for being at peace is now.”
• “Thinking isolates a situation or event and calls it good or bad, as if it had a separate existence. Through excessive reliance on thinking, reality becomes fragmented. This fragmentation is an illusion, but seems very real while you are trapped in it.”
• “The quicker you are in attaching verbal or mental labels to things, people, or situations, the more shallow and lifeless your reality becomes, and the more deadened you become to reality, the miracle of life that continuously unfolds within and around you.”
• “Accepting means you allow yourself to feel whatever it is you are feeling at that moment. It is a part of the is-ness of the Now. You can’t argue with what is. Well, you can, but if you do, you suffer.”
• “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral, which always is as it is.”
If you’re not familiar with the teachings of Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth Inspiration Cards is a fine introduction to his profound wisdom. Those on a conscious path will be reminded to embrace stillness, remain present and allow what is to unfold. Those who have read A New Earth will welcome a distillation of its wisdom for continued enjoyment in the form of this lovely deck.
Below are 8 images from this deck:
Content copyright © by Janet Boyer. All rights reserved. This review was written by Janet Boyer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission.