“The Messages from Your Animal Spirit Guides Oracle Cards are designed to help you clearly communicate with animal spirit guides in order to decipher questions you have about life, and access intuitive guidance to assist you along your journey. Each of these cards carries within it the essence of a particular spirit animal that most appropriately responds to your query or concern will show up.” – From the companion booklet
With thick, textured cards reminiscent of engraved leather and woodburned art, this unusual 44-card deck presents an earthy, almost masculine energy that is both grounding and comforting.
Measuring approximately 5 x 3 ½ inches, these cards depict a unique rendering of a particular animal, as well as a brief message at the bottom. At first, I thought the imagery somewhat crude (loose water coloring or airbrush strokes are combined with occasional bold lines), but as I began to work with this deck, I discovered that the artwork evoked a vague dreaminess—perfect for shamanic journeying and obtaining insight from the animal spirit realm.
• Tortoise – You’re too fragmented, so do whatever it takes to get grounded.
• Gorilla – Take the time to listen compassionately to those you love, especially your family members.
• Ladybug – This is a time of good fortune and abundance, so be willing to receive all good things in your life.
• Manatee – Accept the situation as it is rather than fighting to change it.
• Camel – Trust that you have the resources to get through the challenges before you.
• Mouse – You’re overlooking some important details, so pay closer attention to what’s going on.
• Seagull – Now is the time for deep emotional healing?
• Humpback Whale – Music is essential to your healing and well-being, whether singing, playing an instrument, or listening.
The 139-page companion book to this deck supplies the usual information found in Hay House oracle decks: care and consecration of the cards, invoking Great Spirit, performing readings and following intuition, as well as additional information and associations for each animal card.
I’ve found the Messages from Your Animal Spirit Guides Oracle Cards startling accurate. In fact, out of five one-card readings (preceded by extensive shuffling), I drew the same card four times. The persistent Wolverine continues to bestow amazing insight to me; in fact, I drew it again today, and knew it was a confirmation to begin a daily exercise regimen and to eat more healthfully.
As I was on the treadmill earlier, after I had drew the Wolverine card, I was in a relaxed, meditative state—thankful for my family, thinking of the upcoming holiday, looking around the basement…and then, twenty minutes into my workout, I realized something extraordinary.
To my left, well within my sight, was a red box that held my husband’s boots when he bought them. Emblazoned in bold black print on the side of this bright red box was the word WOLVERINE. I had to do a double take! How in the world had I missed this wonderful verification of Wolverine’s presence in my life?
Content copyright © by Janet Boyer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission.